Government boards play an integral role in setting the strategic direction for an entity, ensuring corporate compliance and management accountability. In many cases, they are responsible for spending taxpayers' money and the custody and control of public assets. This audit will examine the processes entities use to appoint and renew government boards. It will evaluate the current guidelines, and will consider the makeup, diversity, and skill sets of board members.
The objective of this audit is to assess the processes agencies use to appoint and renew government boards.
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet
- Queensland Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- Department of Energy and Public Works
- Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water.