On 10 September 2014, the Special Taskforce on Domestic and Family Violence in Queensland was established. In February 2015, the taskforce finalised its report, Not now, Not ever: Putting an end to domestic and family violence in Queensland. The taskforce reports that domestic violence in Queensland has continued to increase and is costing the state’s economy between $2.7 and $3.2 billion annually.
In its subsequent budgets, the Queensland Government committed to an overall funding package of $323.1 million over six years to respond to the issues and recommendations in the Not now, Not ever: Putting an end to domestic and family violence in Queensland report.
This audit will examine how effective public sector initiatives have been in preventing and responding to domestic and family violence.
- Queensland Police Service
- Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Department of Communities, Disability Services and Seniors
- Department of Justice and Attorney-General
- Selected public sector entities.