You are here
The Queensland Audit Office is the independent auditor of the Queensland public sector.
Our role is to:
- conduct financial audits of all state and local government public sector entities
- conduct performance audits of important aspects of public services—examining efficiency and effectiveness, and sharing opportunities to apply best practice
- investigate matters raised about financial waste and mismanagement related to public services
- produce reports about the results of our audits for tabling in parliament, promoting accountability and transparency
- provide advice and assistance to our clients, sharing the insights we gain from our work across the public sector on best practice.