The Queensland Audit Office is the independent auditor of the public sector.
Our vision is for better public services. To achieve this, we:
- provide professional audit services, which include our audit opinions on the accuracy and reliability of the financial statements of public sector entities and local governments
- provide entities with insights on their financial performance, risk, and internal controls; and on the efficiency, effectiveness, and legislative compliance of public service delivery
- produce reports to parliament on the results of our audit work, our insights and advice, and recommendations for improvement
- conduct investigations about financial waste and mismanagement raised by elected members, public sector employees, and the public
- share the wider learnings and best practice, from our work, with parliament, state and local government entities, and our professional networks, industry and peers.